We hope that everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day weekend. While none of us are happy with the way it ended, we couldn’t be more proud of each of you and everything you did to make our band successful this year. Thank each of you for all your hard work.
Seniors, we are all going to miss you greatly. The way this year ended certainly hasn’t been fair to you at all, but we know that you are headed on to great things. Please know that we are here for you if there’s anything you may need. Be on the lookout for information from the boosters about distributing the senior books, and concert wear collection.
Welcome to all of our new folks and their families! We are thrilled that you’ve chosen to join the band. We will send all official band communication by email, but keep an eye out on the band Facebook page for additional info. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out to the directors or to Polly Cotten, the band booster president.
Below you will find a list of important items for our new and returning members. Please make sure to read each item carefully and message us with any questions about the list. Please check the calendar on The Houston Band website for important dates and meetings. Because band can be time consuming for our students and their families, we work to be very clear about our schedule. Currently ALL Band Related activities are listed on the Band Calendar through the first semester. Please note: Band Camp is MANDATORY for all HHS Band students.
The 2020 Marching Band Show is called Unfinished. All of the individual parts and Mp3 recordings of the music can be found under the “Members” section of the website. Please take a moment to print the music and listen to the show. You also find the student leadership listed there as well.
We are always in need of parent volunteers for the Band Boosters. Get plugged in as a Houston Band committee member. We have many volunteer opportunities and they're not all overly time consuming. It’s the best way to help your kids and meet tons of fun parents. Please complete the Houston Band Volunteers form by 5/27.
New and Returning Member Checklist
1. Complete the Marching Band Sign-Up on The Houston Band website. This is VITAL so that we can write the drill with accurate numbers and instrumentation.
2. Complete the Performance Contract on the last page of the HHS Band Handbook. You can print the page, sign it, scan it (there are great free apps to use on your phone), and return it to Polly Cotten (the Band Booster President) at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Complete the Parent Consent and Emergency Information form. Follow the same procedure as the Performance Contract.
4. The Band Booster Dues information can be found in the HHS Band Handbook. Payment information is linked below. Please reach out to Mr. Taylor (email@example.com) with any questions or concerns about paying dues.
5. The Band Calendar can be found linked below. We work to make sure everything is there so you can make plans around any important events.
6. Percussion placements for the 2020 Marching Band season can be found here:
We hope that everyone has a fun and relaxing summer. Please feel free to contact us if anything comes up while we are on break, we are here if you need us. Thank you all!