IMPORTANT DATES THIS WEEK
2/7/2022 3p-4:30p Indoor Percussion
2/8/2022 2:45p-4:30p Symphonic Band Rehearsal
2/8/2022 4:30p-7:30p Varsity Guard
2/9/2022 3p-5p Junior Varsity Guard
2/11/2022 3p-5p Varsity Guard
Symphonic Band on Tuesdays from 2:45pm to 4:30pm
NO Wind Ensemble rehearsal this week due to All West
Varsity Guard on Tuesdays and Fridays from 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Junior Varsity Guard on Wednesdays from 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Indoor Percussion on Mondays and Fridays from 3:00pm to 5:30pm
NO Friday Indoor Percussion rehearsal this week
2022 ALL-WEST HONOR BAND CLINIC
Congratulations again to our students selected for the All-West Clinic! Please see below for important details about the clinic.
- All participating students should complete this Contact Information Form as soon as possible: https://forms.gle/5iGAbtobMkUAPTwz6
- All West Participants should be dropped off at the Renasant Convention Center on the corner of Exchange Ave. and Main St. (at the red square on the attached map). Jazz Band Students must arrive at 7:45am, Concert Band and Orchestra students must arrive at 12:00pm. Mr. Taylor will provide you with your name tag and direct you where to go
once you arrive.
- All students must bring their instruments, a folding stand, and their concert band attire for the performances (Jazz Band will wear all black).
- ALL-WEST CLINIC: The All-West Clinic is a School Approved Field Trip, and our students will be staying at the Sheraton Memphis Downtown (250 N Main St, Memphis, TN 38103) from Thursday 2/10-Saturday 2/11.
- All meal breaks will be spent together as a group and be provided by the Band Boosters. Thank you to Leanne Coffey and Meggan Boston for volunteering to chaperone the field trip!
- We will need some additional help from some parents willing to lend a hand. Please reach out to Leanne Coffey (email@example.com) or Meggan Boston (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to participate.
WINTER GUARD AND INDOOR PERCUSSION ENSEMBLE
Congratulations to all of our Winter guard Indoor Percussion Ensemble students on their fantastic performances last Saturday at the Collierville High School Dragon Spin! The Percussion Ensemble Placed 3rd Overall, and each of the Winter Guards placed 2nd in their classes.
We couldn’t be more proud of the work all of these young people are putting in, and can’t wait to see what the rest of the season brings!
Please stay tuned for the announcement of our friends and family night performance date. All three Winter Guards and our Indoor Percussion Ensemble will perform their competition shows and we would love to see our band family come out and cheer us on as we prepare for the Mississippi Indoor Championships.
BECOME A 2022 COMMUNITY/CORPORATE T-SHIRT SPONSOR
This year, we are offering t-shirt sponsorship opportunities to local businesses, community supporters, friends and family of The Houston Band. Even for years to come, the Houston Band t-shirt will have your business or family name for members of our community to see. Your support will help to ensure our student’s music experiences are outstanding! Marching Band, Music Education and Color Guard provide our students with valuable life lessons such as teamwork, discipline, creativity and a strong commitment to excellence. In order to continue this tradition of excellence, we need your help. If you would like to be a sponsor, or know someone who would, please see the attached form for sponsor levels and how to submit your sponsorship logo.
THE HOUSTON BAND DUES
Thank you to the families who have paid HHS band dues in full. All payments should have been received for the 2021-2022 year.
All payments that have been received via PayPal, Wooden Box, and PO Box have been logged/deposited. As a reminder dues are $725 (siblings $100 discount - $625).
Payments can be made by a check payable to The Houston Band Boosters that can be dropped off in the wooden box located in Mr. Taylor's office or mailed to HHS Band Boosters/P.O. Box 38233/Germantown, TN 38183. Payments can also be made via PayPal using the link on the band website (thehoustonband.com) under the members tab/payments. For clarity, please include your student's name with all correspondence and payments.
Questions about payments received or remaining balances can be sent by email to email@example.com. Thank you! Molly Opferman (Assistant Treasurer - incoming funds)
Important dates have been updated on the calendar. All dates for rehearsals and performances are mandatory. Be sure to look through and mark them on your family calendar so you can avoid conflicts. https://www.thehoustonband.com/calendar
Attendance policy is outlined in the HHS Band Handbook. Please review the Houston Band Handbook on the website. https://www.thehoustonband.com/forms
Calling all Kroger Shoppers, What an easy way to support the band!! Pick Houston High School Band Boosters (BW921) as your appointed Community Partner to receive Kroger Community Rewards. THE Houston Band receives a small percentage of money just by doing your regular family shopping at Kroger! This does not impact your Kroger Fuel Points earned on purchases.
If you ever have any questions about class or anything band related, please reach out
to the Directors